EMM-Tech, Rider & Handler
The EMM-Tech Short Course was created by Ross Emmett so that non-therapists would have the opportunity to use some of his work to help themselves and others including riders & handlers. Treating the rider will in turn help the horse as if the rider is out of balance the corrections you make during the treatment can become undone if the rider is unbalanced and needing assistance themselves.
The EMM-Tech short course is incorporated into the horse and dog practitioner course.
The course contains moves which have been specially selected from the EMMETT Technique Practitioner Course.
The EMMETT Releases taught are:-
- Sternocleidomastoid (SCM) to free up neck rotation problems.
- Pectoralis Minor used for shoulder problems, and difficulty reaching the arm behind the body.
- Biceps 2 moves to release the shoulder when there is a restriction on lifting the arm. An excellent tool to help with frozen shoulder and with any biceps strain.
- Forearm release will help improve grip strength. Can also help with elbow problems, and RSI
- Latissimus dorsi release frees up the arm lift where there is a “dragging” under the arm. Also great for addressing lower back tightness and pain.
- Diaphragm/Abdominal release – to open out the ribcage and help with breathing difficulties. Releases tight abdominal muscles and hunched over posture. Allows people to breathe more easily and deeply.
- ITB release. Quicker and simpler and less painful than massage techniques!
- ITB/Sartorius where there is difficulty squatting and lack of strength in the legs.
- Gastroc/calf for tense tight and fluid filled calves. Also assists balance.
- Foot Balance moves to assist balance and stability. So simple. So effective.